Sex trafficking case against Jeffrey Epstein officially closed – Judge rules

Share to friends
  • 1
    Share

A federal judge on Thursday August 29, officially closed the criminal sex trafficking case against Jeffrey Epstein, a move that was anticipated following the convicted Pedophile’s death in jail last month.

U.S. District Judge Richard Berman said that the hearing on Tuesday August 27, that he was legally bound to dismiss Epstein’s case.

But Prosecutors said that the dismissal would not stop them from charging possible co-conspirators in the future. They vowed to continue investigations into Epstein’s alleged crimes, according to sources.

FBI is still examining two cameras that were outside the cell that malfunctioned, Reuters reported.

In emotional statements, 16 women who said Epstein had abused them, testified at Tuesday’s hearing. They lamented that he would never face justice in court now that he is dead.

Epstein, a wealthy 66-year-old Hedge-fund manager and a registered sex offender, was arrested Saturday night July 6 at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey aboard his private jet upon returning from Paris. He was charged with having operated a sex trafficking ring in which he sexually abused dozens of underage girls. Epstein pleaded not guilty to the charges.

On Saturday August 10, Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell. A medical examiner concluded that he had died of suicide by hanging.

Epstein’s lawyers said at Tuesday’s hearing that they doubt the medical examiner’s conclusion.

You May Like

 ‘Jeffrey Epstein did not commit suicide. It just didn’t happen’ – Former MCC inmate

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here