Convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein recovers from Coronavirus, faces new sexual assault charge

Share to friends
  • 52
    Shares

Former Hollywood movie producer, Harvey Weinstein has recovered from the deadly Coronavirus and has been released from isolation more than two weeks after he tested positive for the disease.

“As of now, it’s been 14 days since reports of concern from people inside the prison, and he has no symptoms and no issues”, Weinstein’s spokesman Juda Engelmayer, said.

“He has been released from medical isolation” and has now been “deemed alright”, the spokesman added.

But troubles are not yet over for the former Hollywood mogul. Weinstein, who was previously charged with four counts of forcible sexual assault and battery in L.A., has been hit with additional count of sexual assault in connection with the alleged 2010 attack of a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel, Los Angeles County prosecutors announced Friday.

“We are continuing to build and strengthen our case,”  District Attorney, Jackie Lacey said in a statement. “As we gather corroborating evidence, we have reached out to other possible sexual assault victims. If we find new evidence of a previously unreported crime, as we did here, we will investigate and determine whether additional criminal charges should be filed.”

FILE PHOTO: Film producer Harvey Weinstein arrives at New York Criminal Court for his sexual assault trial in the Manhattan borough of New York City, New York, U.S., February 21, 2020. REUTERS/Jeenah Moon

Charges filed against Weinstein on Jan. 6 in Los Angeles stemmed from alleged encounters at hotels in L.A. and Beverly Hills in February 2013. An Italian model, who gave an extensive interview to The Times in 2017, said Weinstein forced himself on her in the Mr. C Beverly Hills hotel after they met at the Los Angeles Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest.

The woman said that she showed Weinstein pictures of her children and begged him to stop during the alleged attack.

“He grabbed me by the hair and forced me to do something I did not want to do,” she said.

Days later, prosecutors allege, Weinstein invited a woman to his room at a West Los Angeles hotel after a business meeting in the hotel’s restaurant and then trapped her in a bathroom where he groped her while masturbating.

The woman, Lauren Young, later testified about the allegation at Weinstein’s criminal trial in New York City. While on the stand, Young said the attack took place at the Montage Hotel and noted another woman was present and aided Weinstein by closing the door to the bathroom and leaving her alone with the mogul.

Inside ‘paedo paradise’ The Gambia where sex beasts are buying African children and toddlers to rape

More than 100 women, including famous actresses, have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct stretching back decades. He has denied the allegations, saying any sex was consensual, Reuters reported.

Harvey Weinstein, 68, the movie producer who dominated Hollywood for decades, was sentenced to 23 years in prison on Wednesday March 11 for sex crimes, as the six women who had testified against him watched from the courtroom’s front row, holding one another, some in tears.

Michael Powers, head of the state corrections officers union, said on March 22 that Weinstein had tested positive for the coronavirus, which causes the respiratory illness COVID-19.

On Friday April 10, Weinstein’s spokesman Juda Engelmayer said Harvey Weinstein no longer has symptoms of coronavirus.

Weinstein’s attorneys said they plan to appeal his conviction in New York, according to reports.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

one × 4 =